Felipe Camargo, Brasil
Name: Felipe Camargo
Job: professional climber
Year of the birth: 1991
Climbing since: 2001
What do I enjoy about climbing?
First off, the opportunity to be out in the nature and to travel to so many different places and meet new people! But ultimately the personal challenge that climbs brings us. simple goals always turn into big deals for us and its a never ending cycle!
How did I start with climbing?
I climbed for the first time in a kids party little wall...after that me and my older brother found out that there was a gym in our city and started climbing! I still train everyday on this same gym that “changed” my life! :)
Surfing, skateboarding and learning other languages.
Favourite climbing area?
Rodellar (Spain) and Serra do Cipó (Brasil)
The best achievements?
Papichulo 9a+ (Spain, 2017)
Ali Hulk 9a (Spain, 2011)
Fortaleza V15 (≈ 8C) FA (Brasil, 2014)
1st place in Santiago International Master of Bouldering 2013!
My the most impressive climbing experience?
I think we will always pick the latest thing we did...so in my case, the big 13 year old project in Ubatuba (Brasil), finally in July 2014 I did the first ascent of the project and called the boulder Fortaleza 8C.
Plans for the future?
Go back to sport climbing more and maybe get into some big walls.
Climbing in 100 years?
Thats a tough one! I hope that with a lot more people climbing...and with a good industry that allows a lot of professional climbers to live their dreams. But I also hope that climbing will keep its roots and on't get too lost with more people and more money.
More info about me:
Instagram: @felipe.camargo [updated: 09/2014]
Articles, videos and links about Felipe
- Chapter 16, a video look back at 4 Felipe´s goals for 2016 set in a New Years Party, July 2017
- Papichulo 9a+ also by Felipe Camargo, Felipe´s comment on his first 9a+ (5.15a), April 2017
- Planeta dos Macacos (8a+, 650 m), Sasha Di Giulian and Felipe Camargo made the first free ascent of the big wall at Pedra Riscada, Brazil, July 2016 (video)
- Corazón de Ensueño 5.14b (8c), Felipe & Alex Honnold repeated the famous roof route by Dani Andrada in the Getu Valley, China, April 2016
- Catalan Witness The Fitness 8C, Felipe repaeted Chris Sharma's 8C boulder, February 2016
- Era Vella 9a (5.14d), a video from the repeating of the Chris Sharma´s route in Spain, June 2015
- Southern Comfort 8b+/c, repeating of the Wolfgang Güllich´s old-school route in Brazil, May 2015
- Atalho do Diabo, videos from the repeating of the known big wall in Rio de Janeiro, October 2014
- Beach Bouldering in Brazil (The Thrill Of Brazil Ep. 1), November 2014
- Fortaleza V15, an interview on DPM Climbing about the first V15 (≈ 8C) in South America, July 2014
(video on EpicTV documenting this project)
- Felipe Camargo doing two 8B+s, Felipe doing Never Ending Story and Memento, November 2013
- Libertadores V14, Felipe establishing new V14 (≈ 8B+) boulder at Ouro Preto, Brazil, July 2013
- Brasil Vertical, a short film featuring Felipe on some of his first ascents around Brazil, 2012
- Alihulk 9a, a great climbing video from Rodellar, June 2011