Honza "Tráva" Trávníček
|Name:||Jan (Honza) Trávníček|
||geodesist, teacher, manager of climbing
wall, boy for everything… :)
|Year of birth:||1976|
What do I enjoy about climbing?
opportunity to get suntan
How did I start with climbing?
friends, first trips to mountains and it began...
Favourite climbing area?
everywhere warmer than in 8 thousand
The best achievements?
- Expedition Cho Oyu 2016 - on 7th October on the summit 8201 m
- Expedition Manaslu 2015 - with Miri Jirková (girlfriend) reached 7 400 m (there instead of the summit they rescued a French mountaineer – later they were awarded the Fair Play Award of the Czech Olympic Committee)
- Expedition K2 2014 - on 27th June on the summit 8611 m (with Radek Jaroš)
- Expedition South america 2013 - Nevado Chopicalqui 6354 m, Huarascan 6768 m and Chimborazo 6268 m (under the summit)
- Expedition Annapurna 2012 - on 6th May on the summit 8091 m (with Radek Jaroš)
- Expedition Manaslu 2011 - on 29th April on the summit 8163 m
- Expedition Gasherbrum 2009 - 3rd June on the summit of Gasherbrum I 8068 m
- Bolivia, Cordillera 2005 - Huana Potosí 6088 m
- Tajikistan, Pamir 2003 - Korzhenevskaya Peak 7106 m, reached 7000 m
- Nepal, Himalaya 2000 - Parchamo Peak 6237 m, reached 6000 m
Plans for the future?
short-term - Manaslu 2018, long one - survive... :)
Climbing in 100 years?
Climbing will go forward still. Somewhere should be some limits, but we don´t know where it is yet… if there will be anybody interested in....
More info about me:
www.facebook.com/HonzaTravaTravnicek [updated: 08/2018]
Articles, videos and links about Tráva
- Documentary series Mission K2 about the K2 expedition from July 2014 (in Czech language only).