EDGE / RK009SS00H - with hammer
Lightweight ice axe for technical mountaineering. Compromise between classical
ice axe and modern technical tool.
The performance of this tool is situated between classical ice axe and modern technical tool. It combines the advantages of both: curved shaft for large clearance useful in technical terrain and traditional spike that penetrates the snow easily when climbing snow slopes. It is the best choice for steep couloirs and classical alpine terrain.
- bent shaft makes hooking on ice bulges or rock easy while creating an optimum grip angle
- hot forged head allows use of adze/hammer and pick replacement, if focused on the lowest weight, the ice axe can be used also without adze/hammer
- pick is aggressive enough for hard ice and moderate mixed climbing and also has a smooth grip zone which protects your gloves when holding the head
- head shape is designed so that it can be jammed into the cracks and to provide support for climbing in soft snow, hole in the head is big enough to fit any carabiner
- spike is narrow and penetrates the snow easily, a carabiner or BUNGEE tether may be attached to its eye
- FIX PLUS leash included
|Weight:||555 g (19.56 oz)|
[weight of fully mounted ice axe (pick, hammer/adze) without the leash]
|Length:||54 cm (21 in)|
|Material:||spike, pick, hammer/adze - CrMo steel; head, shaft - aluminium alloy|
EN 13089, 1019, pick type 2 (T), shaft type 2 (T)
Versatile ice axe especially suitable for demanding technical mountaineering and ice climbing / 50 cm / 610 g
Light ice axe for glacier tours and easy snow ascents in the mountains / length 58, 65, 72 cm / weight 455-505 g
Hammer for BANDIT and EDGE ice axes
Adze for BANDIT and EDGE ice axes
Pick for EDGE ice axe
V-shaped elastic tether with two carabiners / prevents lost or fall of ice axes
All-round 12-point crampons for classic mountaineering / three fastening systems / size 37 - 47 / 855 - 900 g
Activities at height such as climbing, via ferrata, caving, rappelling, ski-touring, rescue, work at height and exploration are dangerous activities, which may lead to severe injury or even death.
This the following is essential before use:
- careful reading and understanding of the instructions for use
- acquaintance with the possibilities and limitations of the product
- adequate apprenticeship in appropriate techniques and methods of use
- understanding and acceptance of the risk involved
In case of doubt or problem of understanding, contact SINGING ROCK.